Tuesday 21 September 2010

Permission

Dear Ploydor Records,

I am a student from Sussex Downs College and as part of my media A level I have to create a music video for an existing artist in the industry, who doesn’t have a music video already. I am writing to ask you for copyright permission over one of your artist’s songs.

Ellie Goulding is someone that has created brilliant music over the past year and I would really like to be able to produce a music video to her song “I’ll Hold My Breath”, this will be capturing her behaviorism's and the style that runs through her music videos that have been released. Along with this I have to develop an advert and digipack for this video which will also consist of the lyrics and her name. I hope that this is probable and I would be happy to send you the finished product of my work to show you.

Please let me know as soon as possible as to whether I can go ahead with this. Thank you for taking your time to read this email, it is greatly appreciated.


Yours Sincerely,

Jessica Blackman



Copyright is obviously illegal and is concerned with the protection over the artist's work and has always and will always be a significant issue for the music industry. However, it has become a major problem in the past few years with access to technology that means these tracks can be distributed easily and quickly over the internet. This causes the record labels sales to reduce for artists and this could create a huge impact to how well the artist succeeds. I am aware that this could be a problem for me being able to use Ellie Goulding's song for this project and this is why it is important to send a letter to the company for permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment